1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock out at Fox Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Regan MacNeil, Jun 1, 2020.

1. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

Dan Patrick is the only talk show I listen to. He's the only sports talker who I find actually has a brain and isn't just vomiting hot takes.

What free time I have (in non-pandemic times) goes toward watching films or an occasional TV series; don't have time for on-demand audio.

Outside of him, it's music the rest of the time if the radio's on.

stix likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Indeed, please don't stop the music.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

4. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Saw that last night. Whitlock and Florio going at it, too.

Florio gets on my nerves a bit, too, because he certainly pushes his agenda. But I'll take his reporting and actual journalism skill over an attention whore like Travis.

Travis is a total hack. Not in Florio's league.

5. stix

stix Well-Known Member

Same.

I used to listen to sports talk radio all the time, but as I get older I don't care for it too much. I do love Dan Patrick, though. As far as my local stations, when games are actually going on, I'll tune into postgame shows and stuff. I'm a sucker for listening to fans vent for about an hour after games.

Other than that, though, I find it so boring. My passion for sports really keeps waning. I can't imagine talking about that minutiae every day for just hours, especially now. Today, the Belmont Stakes was being talked about like the world's biggest event. And if you like horse racing, great, but that'll be the case for you every year. But if your life is so empty of everything else that you'll resort to talking about ANYTHING sports-related for hours on end, I mean, you've got to expand your horizons.

I'm sure I'll be happy when sports come back, but I can't say I miss it that bad now. I miss the constancy of baseball, just being able to flip on a game while you're doing other stuff or watch some highlights before you go to bed. But, really, I've been so busy doing many other things that I've hardly noticed.

This has honestly been great for me, it really has.

MTM and SFIND like this.
  6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 20, 2020
  7. stix

stix Well-Known Member

What a pathetic piece of shit.

Imagine being so infantile that you think self-promoting and pandering to the lowest common denominator means you’re “winning” and that you’re adding anything meaningful to any conversation.

Or that you can be tough on Twitter.

Flex those muscles in the sandbox, Clay. Time to stop paying attention to the douche.

SFIND likes this.
  8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Mr. Whitlock will have to unblock some people if he wants to be a hard man of the mean Twitter Streets.

9. Sports Barf

Sports Barf Well-Known Member

Whitlock/Travis vs Karen Florio. It’s like the Iran-Iraq War, you’re rooting for them both to lose

stix likes this.
  10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The guy who couldn’t get a post-law school clerkship on the mainland is bragging about his intellect.

11. Referring to their enemies as the "blue checkmark media brigade" when they both...have blue checkmarks.

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well ... some-guy-who-thinks-himself-in-charge-in-D.C. has competition on the delusional, narcissistic front. That takes a lot of work.

Draft saved Draft deleted