1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock lands at Foxsports

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 21, Aug 16, 2007.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

What makes him a conservative? Agreeing with Imus and disbaraging hip hop is a sign of conservative leanings? Especially from someone who himself professes that he subscribes to know

I've said it before, Whitlock found his niche simply repudiating all of the sociological evidence that connects social and economic marginalization with bad behavior and make blanket statements about how screwed up black folks are. He's clearly taking advantage of the current climate in America and its dismissive interest on the African American experience, which of course, is correctly reflected in the form of hip hop videos or 30 minute sitcoms. He's the type of columnist that people, whose interest on the black experience goes as far as the two examples I just stated, can get behind. Anyone learned on the subject would take him and his erroneous research to task. He isn't a Leonard Pitts or Fariyah Chidea.

I think calling him an uncle tom would be too easy and would allow someone like you to dismiss my points altogether, which you are now attempting to do by putting words in my mouth.

And for the record, I need to stop posting while at work and attempting to do two things at once. That leads to the constant stream of misspellings.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

But apprently it enhances your ability to read minds. :)

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Whatever works for you. I guess its against the law to come to conclusions based on someones past work.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

When did I mention the law?

However, it might be a tad more fair if you didn't slam others, such as Whitlock in his most recent column, for doing the exact same thing.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'll volunteer to catch, but I want some protection in the lineup.

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You're a catcher, eh? Always had you pegged for a pitcher.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Proud wearer of the tools of ignorance. Good glove, no hit, average arm.

Catching in softball, however, really just means that you never have to put down your beer. And I'm all for that.

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

If you're going to peg him, wouldn't he have to be a catcher?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You say he panders to whites, Chee. I'm not putting words in your mouth; you're editing them from yours.

10. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Make use of the quote button. Either way, he panders to those who subscribe to the attitudes I mentioned above. Whites aren't the only ones capable of harboring the same dismissive attitude regarding African Americans. Even some African Americans conduct themselves in that manner. If you're not one of them, why find a problem with it? Let me say it before you have a chance, I'm making broad and sweeping generalizations. ::)

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Deleted. You fuck.

Sorry to go after your least talented, most hyperactive and offensive poster.

Draft saved Draft deleted