1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock: JT III Is A Good, Rising Coach (edited to reflect theme)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, Mar 31, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'm sure JT III will be a very good coach over the years.
    I hope he doesn't share his father's legacy of excluding talent because of their race.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

No, he didn't say mortal consequences. He actually said he'd kill him if he got near 'Zo again and dared him to try.

3. Mmac

Mmac Guest

I believe it, you didn't mess with JT when it came to his Hoyas. That's why I found the whole us vs.them Hoya paranoia image he created in the 80s to be kinda cool, it was one of the few college teams to really get into America's imagination from a pop-culture standpoint beyond basketball (Fab 5 and Phi Slamma Jamma would be 2 others). Just amused me that it occured at a preppified elitist private school like Georgetown where the typical student was SO contrary to that image.

4. IU90

IU90 Member

How about Danny Ferry? That was the summer before his senior year and I believe he'd been a 1st or 2d team all american the year before. I can't recall the details now, but I do seem to remember that Thompson made some odd cuts at the olympic trials that raised a lot of eyebrows at the time, and even moreso a couple months later when they became the 1st U.S. team to lose in the olympics (at least legitimately--I don't count the 72 robbery).

Draft saved Draft deleted