1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock follows through

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pocket Aces, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

get off all fours please there alma. the piece was juvenile at best and the fat one only thought he was saving a shit column by capitalizing the g in glass to make his own point at the end. he mailed it in and you know it.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey dipshit. how long do you think thompson's piece was in the works? as far as lead art goes, think the features editor asked to have glass imposed behind the door and the field and faded out so you could see through him, too?

clue up.

3. LemMan

LemMan Member

I'm not the biggest Whitlock fan, but I think he gets an unfair shake here. Lots of people write stuff we don't like, yet time and time again, Whitlock takes a pounding. The guy comes on here, uses his real name and fights back. I give him credit for that.

My two cents...

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and you're a lying bastard or the kc star has the shittiest sports editors on the face of the earth.

you say: 'i saw him out at the park. i didn't know when his piece was giong to run.' are you mentally challenged?

and then you follow that up with: 'i just didn't know what day wright's piece was going to run.' brilliant. really. the kc star, a major metro has no idea what's leading it's sunday section from one day to the next. maybe, just maybe dane boy is correct and his SE didn't give the nod to place that stunning pic on the page until dipshit already was on his way to the ball park at 6:15 p.m. ... but i'm going to guess not. in fact, i'm going to guess the SE knew this was going to be the lead story at least by monday and shared it with his entire staff ... at least the ones who were in missouri and gave two shits about something more than their own fat egos.

i'm guessing you're the idiot here chubbo, not your SE.

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Bubba, nowhere did I say he was the only one. Someone asked why Jason gets so much crap around here and I offered an explanation. The name just as easily could have been Tom Petty or Lou Merloni.

Lighten up, Francis.

And about those gonads .. You might want to see a doctor about that.

6. Flash

Flash Guest

Yes, and he rarely gets shredded by anyone willing to post under their real identity.

7. Tomboy: You sure are tough, talking smack from behind a fake name. Wonder if you would have the same kind of courage if you weren't a gutless, anonymous gas bag.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

thanks alert. that was a great post, alert. sense the irony, alert?

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It is not unusual for a columnist not to know what is leading the sports section on any given day. It's not unusual for a sports editor not to know -- things change, stories need more editing, news breaks out, etc.

But keep up the fat references, Tomas. It's working for you.

10. ace, ignore this buffoon.

i saw wright at the ballpark on wednesday and he still hadn't gotten glass to submit to an interview. my sports editor spent the week in vegas at the apse convention.

this guy is shouting just to be shouting. let him shout and call names. i truly find it rather enjoyable. especially loved his chest-thumping about how great his life is.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

What irony? There's no irony in your post. I'm sure there's sarcasm but that ain't no irony. Good writing skills. Solid. Sense the sarcasm?

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

do you just pull shit like this out of the air? 'It is not unusual for a columnist not to know what is leading the sports section on any given day.'

Draft saved Draft deleted