1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock + David Simon on Jim Rome today

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 9, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jason Whitlock is guest-hosting on Jim Rome's radio show today. David Simon is supposed to be his guest in the second hour, which starts shortly. They will be talking about the state of the newspaper industry. Whitlock has declared he will name names of those responsible!

He's started off with a blast of AI from his FoxSports.com column (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9436532/No-question,-Iverson-was-never-the-Answer?MSNHPHMA), followed by an interview w/Dan Wetzel.

Certain to be compelling radio. Tune in if you can.

And Whitlock, despite the assholes here, post here about the show during the commerical breaks. I know you can do it, Big Chocolate!

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You beat me to it SP - this should be interesting. Also thought it was cool that Whitlock apologized to Wetzel in print and on the air after admitting something he wrote about Wetzel's UConn story was wrong. Imagine that?

In other Wire news - Politico reported Obama is/was a The Wire fan. His favorite character? Omar.

3. TheSportsPredictor

I don't know what's going on with my Internet radio connection, but they've been playing commercials for the last 15 minutes. I'm sure the show is actually being broadcast. They played Whitlock and Wetzel before the hour, but it's been commercials ever since.

If it's like the last time I tried to listen to something on a radio show live on the Internet, they sell tons of commercials for the Internet and don't care if it actually goes over the alloted time. They really don't care about the Internet radio listener.

4. TheSportsPredictor

Found it on a different affiliate.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Quote from Whitlock:

"It's a lie to call most of us journalists. We're writers."

6. He's not.

7. Rudy Petross

Rudy Petross Member

I coudn't agree more. We are writers, at least I think we are. Journalists cover city council meetings. I write about sports. I think we should have had this distinction like in the past.

8. TheSportsPredictor

That's all they do?

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I'm a journalist. Maybe I haven't broken a Watergate-type story, but I don't sit around and write poetry all day either.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

This thread will not end well.

Not that it had a stellar start either, but still......

11. TheSportsPredictor

He did say Mitch Albom is a fiction writer.

12. And he's a constructor of very large straw people who thinks he WEB DuBois.

Draft saved Draft deleted