1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whitlock crushes Thayer Evans and SI

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SnarkShark, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Williams

Joe Williams Well-Known Member

After all, even Jose Canseco told truths about steroids abuse.
    Half the time, star witnesses in court trials are criminals themselves.
    A reporter's credibility is huge. But on a given story, it's the facts and the reporting first.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One of the worst things you can say about another reporter is that they have no credibility. To me the only thing worse would be to accuse them of fabricating stories...

If Whitlock wants to pick apart the story and say, "This is inaccurate and here's why..." then that's one thing.

But a sweeping statement than someone who has worked at the NYT and SI has no credibility? Damn...

3. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

As a Kansas State alumnus, I call into question all the reading I did in that piece. I'm totally biased.

4. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

That said, isn't this the same media entity that fell for the Saban to Texas tweet?

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I suppose, if you want to discredit the Los Angeles Times because Bleacher Report appears on their site.

SI.com, like the websites attached to Forbes or The Atlantic, is a pale and embarrassing imitation of the original product.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

"You know, just because you say 'with all due respect' doesn't mean you can say whatever you want."

"It sure as heck does!"

[​IMG]

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wait, what?

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Not meant perjoratively, just that your posts on the subject focus a lot less on what players and coaches might have been involved in, and more on the perceived institutional rot of the N.C.A.A. Which I think is Whitlock's point, if his screed has a point other than to wale away at Evans.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

And once again, Whitlock makes himself the centre of attention.

[​IMG]

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Kinda like how January Jones is the center of attention of all your posts. Sometimes, I don't even get to your actual post

11. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Man, if that's what he does to a fellow journalist I'd hate to be the Backroom Casting Couch guy once he finds out there is no job paying $1,000 to $5,000 a day. [/obscurecrossthreading]

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

SI has video of some of the players on its site admitting to the things in the article.

George Dohrmann said they interviewed more than 60 former players, so I guess they all might be lying. But Evans didn't make these accusations up out of thin air.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.