1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White House Correspondents' Association Dinner Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, May 9, 2009.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Your idea of quick-hitting analysis and mine differ. Greatly.

2. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I think we've had this argument before, but I see where Rush is coming from on the "hope Obama fails" thing, though I don't agree with him.

If I thought someone was going to implement policies that would harm the country, I'd hope they'd fail in implementing them, too. I don't see how that's such an unpardonable sin. There were shitloads of policies in which I was rooting for George W to fail, too.

Rush is a douchebag. But he's not the Anti-Christ.

That said, I don't have a problem with the kidney failure thing ... because it was a joke. And it was kinda funny.

3. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

You're giving Rush way too much benefit of the doubt, acting as if he compartmentalized certain policies he didn't agree with from Barack Obama. Clearly, Rush was speaking on Barack's OVERALL Presidency, and this country (at least for most of it's history) isn't gracious towards people praying for someone to bring us to our knees.

Why ask for reason now?

4. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Which is why the world hates us:

5. Point of Order

He'd literally rather see the United States of America fail than be wrong. That's fucked up.

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

There's no excuse for "I hope Obama fails."
    None.
    That would have been like Democrats saying, "I hope we lose the war in Iraq."
    Just as unforgiveable from either side.

7. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I'm getting awfully close to looking like a Rush defender on here, and I'm not.

But in his own admittedly warped view, he believes rooting for Obama to succeed is like rooting for America to fail. And vice versa.

I'll just leave my defense at that. Of all the reasons to think he's a douchenozzle, I think he gets too much crap for that one ... because people don't seem to really understand what he was driving at.

8. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

Gibbs says 9-11 isn't comedy.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/20090511/pl_politico/22369

9. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Nope. Not buying it. He's sitting there on top of a half-billion dollars and figures he can withstand even a depression.
    He's crapping on the people who support his show and made him rich, whether he admits it or not.
    Think of where we are now ... 8.5 percent unemployment on the way to 10 or 11. If Obama "fails" -- what happens then?
    I'm no big fan of Obama's policies, but I've certainly got to hope they work. Limbaugh's position on this is indefensible.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, if you had paid any attention to history, you would know Obama's policies, if they do what they've always done in the past when tried, mean certain failure for the country.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

deserving

12. Point of Order

In what world?

Draft saved Draft deleted