1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White House Correspondents' Association Dinner Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Point of Order, May 9, 2009.

1. And the event, where people yock it up with people they should be skewering, is the Beltway abomination that gave us David Gregory dancing with Karl Rove, Michael Kelly inviting Paula Jones, and President Stupid presenting a video mocking the search for WMD's after 2000 American already had died in a futile search to prove his lies.
    Pass.

2. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I really can't stand Lupica and his repetative displays of mock outrage.

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

So the members of the White House press corps won't accept a $5 burger from Mr. President, but they'll do all this celeb worship and palling around with the administration?
    They're so independent.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For clarification's sake, Rove dancing and W's slide show search for WMDS happened at the Radio and Television Correspondents dinner, which takes place in June.

5. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Hey, you wanna make a Rush joke, be my guest. Just be funny. The particular joke in question on this thread committed the cardinal sin of being not funny.

6. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Oh... THAT part of it.

Sure.... though that just the same shit they do behind the scenes.

Actually, that dinner just brings the bullshit out into teh open.

It's good visual evidence.

7. Simon_Cowbell

The joke was incisive.

Good enough for me.

8. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Incisive? What's so incisive about "Ha ha! Rush got busted for Oxy like six years ago?"

I thought she had to try *way* too hard ... when slamming Rush should be easy.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Never bad comedy to remind everyone that this holier-than-thou, judgmental putz is a drug addict.

Besides, it fit nicely into the reason as to why he missed his flight.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm no Lupica fan, but I'm not sure where he's wrong here. You can't be cool with it here & outraged on the other thread and pretend to be consistent.

11. Simon_Cowbell

First, no one should be outraged at Feherty. Absolutely harmless and quick-hitting analysis of how impotent and corrupt Pelosi and Reid are.

That said, neither is in the same ballpark as that goddamned hatemonger who is spewing about how he hopes the country fails.

Kidney failure, as I said... that would be a light sentence for him.

12. So "corrupt and impotent" that American soldiers would kill them.
    Yeah, harmless.

Draft saved Draft deleted