1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

White Collar

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by proudpittsburgher, Mar 10, 2011.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Leverage is one of those shows I let pile up on the DVR. Something you can always get into.

One of my problems with Breakout Kings is that it seems like a cross between Leverage, Prison Break and Criminal Minds and doesn't have a whole lot new to say or do.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Leverage isn't bulletproof, but for basic cable, it's quite good.

And I admit to loving the Parker character to death.

3. Petrie

Petrie Guest

*SPOILER ALERT*

I think the Season 2 finale was brilliant. I'll add a brief pro wrestling analogy...they had a story build up for 2 years, you finally get the payoff...then Neal, the hero (possibly) turns heel. I can't wait to see what happens next, if Neal has been conning the FBI all along, and whether they find out if Neal (or somebody else) snagged the (literally) sunken treasure.

*END SPOILER ALERT*

Each season (or half-season ending) has been fantastic. At the midpoint of Season 1, Peter talks to Kate. In the Season 1 finale, the plane blows up and (presumably) kills Kate. At the midpoint of Season 2, Mozzie is shot and left for dead. Then this one.

In the finale, there was a scene at Peter's house where the guys were in the dining room, and the girls were in the living room. Tiffani Thiessen and Hilarie Burton sharing a scene, for me, was the end-all, be-all of former-teenie-bopper hotness.

4. It's one of those shows that I know isn't nearly as good as some of the other stuff on cable right now, and it isn't nearly as good as the show it took off from (Hu$tle) but I just love it. It's kind of like Human Target for me. I know it's not the best show out there but I miss it when it's done. It's all about the character for me, and they all have great characters, for my tastes anyway.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't think Human Target will be back, it's too bad. I liked the first season better, seems liked they scaled back the budget this season and the interplay between the male characters took a back seat.
    But there is something about a show where the characters/actors seem to be enjoying themselves that makes it easy to spend an hour with.

Draft saved Draft deleted