1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

'Whispers get loud around Michelle Obama'

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by WaylonJennings, Jun 12, 2008.

1. buzzerbeater

buzzerbeater Member

Michelle Obama made herself an issue with the "proud of my country for the first time in my adult life" bit. She got off remarkably easy for that insulting comment. The Obamas have had it easy so far. The scrutiny should get sharper the closer we get to the election and it will.
    And thanks to Fox News for giving us an alternative to CNN. I stopped watching CNN's biased trash a year ago. Fox News may have an agenda but it is "fair and balanced" when compared to CNN.

2. didntdoit19

didntdoit19 Member

Fixed.

3. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

HA!

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think if Michelle Obama or Cindy McCain go after their opponents or each other, saying the other side sucks or is dangerous, I say they are fair game. If they're merely extolling the virtues of their hubbies and talking about why America needs them, I say hands off.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If they're hitting the campaign trail in support of their husbands, they are absolutely fair game.

6. SirTypeAlot

SirTypeAlot Member

Most of you guys are pathetic. Conservatives like Fox because it tells the truth, unlike the major networks, CNN and MSNBC, which have been tools for the left for their entire existences. Fox appears right wing because it offers a balance, which is to the right when you look at how the other networks have reported "information" for so long.

Plus, FNC has many Dems working for them, notably two in prime time (Colmes and Greta) plus one of its most notable faces (Geraldo). But don't let the truth get in the way, guys.

It just amazes me that allegedly intelligent people like those who comprise my profession don't see this. But, 93 percent of the media did vote for Clinton both times.

And forgive my spelling, it happens.

7. beardpuller

beardpuller Active Member

If by "made herself an issue" you mean "gave us the green light to tell ridiculous lies about her" then I guess I understand your point.
    Pathetic as it is.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Both have a definite liberal slant. If someone can't see that, it shows how biased they are.

I'm never going to sit here and claim that Fox News is fair and balanced, but the others aren't even close either.

9. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

I think it's fair to say most, if not all, of the all-news cablers are fucked up.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Someone make him shut up.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For all of the flack Michelle has been getting over the "proud of my country" remark, I'm wondering when she was supposed to be proud of her country. I'm not saying I've ever been ashamed of my country, but there hasn't been a moment, not even Obama's nomination, that made me especially "proud" of my country.
    Seeing how some churches and other volunteers responded to Katrina and the outpouring of support for the victims of 9/11 was heartwarming, but I don't know if the term "proud" applies.
    I'm proud to be an American, it's a great country, but I was born too late for World War II and the Civil Rights Era, not old enough to appreciate the moon landing, and since then, nothing really stands out where "the country" surprised me. What am I missing?

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

A Lee Greenwood CD.

Draft saved Draft deleted