1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whiskey

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Jun 16, 2016.

1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

You're the big winner!

[​IMG]

JackReacher likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

On the rocks? I don't understand that, watering down great alcohol. Macallan 18 year old neat.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Better whiskey needs no rocks.

Lesser whiskeys, it doesn't hurt to throw a cube in ... Dewar's, Jamie, that ilk ...

4. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

If I'm drinking Johnny Walker Black or Dewars, it is going to be on the rocks. It expedites the alcohol getting into my system, which is my goal when drinking JW Black. I'm not really a fan of Dewars, so Black Label is my cheap stuff.

Most other scotches, I'll add a small drop of water or two to bring out the flavor and aroma. I'm taking my time with those and don't mind sipping.

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I go with Jack or Gentleman Jack. My wife bought me whiskey rocks a few years ago, I'd recommend them to anyone.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Maker's or Woodford Reserve. Makers and egg nog is my go-to libation during the holidays.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

This. Accomplishes the cooling without watering down the drink. Perfect. I'm surprised they weren't invented 150 years ago, or by cavemen.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I like Macallan. But I drink Jamie mostly. With or without an ice cube, depending on my mood. Not big on most blended whiskies.

9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

What's fun for me is to do a blind taste test with a buddy or two at a restaurant; get 3, top shelf, middle shelf, middling and try to figure out which is which.

10. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Not everyone is talking about the same thing. The Scots produce whisky and the Irish and Americans produce whiskey.

White Horse is a great blended scotch. Bushmills Black Bush is a great Irish whiskey. I don't have a preference for American stuff.

11. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

It should be a crime to put good whiskey on the rocks.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Bushmills? That's Protestant whiskey!

Draft saved Draft deleted