1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Whiskey and rye

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Half-step
    Mississippi Uptown Toodleloo
    Hello baby, I'm gone, goodbye
    Half a cup of rock and rye
    Farewell to you old southern sky
    I'm on my way - on my way

2. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

FB,

If there is a college with an ag program in your area, they'll know exactly what to plant. And how to handle it through the vagaries of winter.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Dirk - I already suggested that. A good hardware store is even better.

4. Dirk Legume

Sorry Boom,

My bad.

FB, Listen to Boom. Pay no attention to the fat kind behind the curtain repeating everything Boom says.

5. Boom_70

Dirk - no sweat - I know you are just trying to help the poor guy grow a little grass.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Actually, John Lee Hooker. George just made it famous.

FB, thank you for pointing out two song lyrics that drive me nuts because of their stupidity.

7. Dirk Legume

FB,

You can always do what I did.

Hire a mexican. Front yard has never looked better.

8. Boom_70

Buck - good call - Love John Lee Hooker - 21 like him also -

her favorite song Boom Boom

9. 21

21 Well-Known Member

A-haw haw haw haw.

How can you not get hot over lyrics like that.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I've always liked Scotch, but I have taken to drinking single malts lately. Twice last week, which is VERY rare for me, and I didn't stop till I was pretty damned drunk either time. Haven't been much of a drinker since my mid 20s, so it is weird. Just had a crazy day and I have a bottle of The Macallan 12-year-old sitting about 15 feet away. After the crazy, stressful day I had, it's tempting to pour a little in a cup, but I think I need to abstain for a bit and not start going crazy. Especially because the workouts the next morning feel like hell after I drink.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Whoa, Fen, I'm assuming you've blocked the entirety of Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey out of your mind. Worse song by a major artist ... ever.

Paul McCartney is the antithesis of the notion that an artists' peak coincides with their greatest intake of drugs. When McCartney was smoking buddah like the world was going to end in the 70s, most of his lyrics suck-dily-ucked.

Having said that, I have no fucking clue what Jet is about, but that song rocks.

12. A summary of what has gone before, for the benefit of readers who may have just joined us:

1) FB The Football Bat is the one asking about lawn products.
    2) FB The Fenian Bastard is the one snarking about song lyrics.
    3) Boom is the one trying -- just TRYING, dammit! -- to make sense of it all.

Thank you.
    We now return you to your regularly scheduled confusion.

Draft saved Draft deleted