1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which team has the most screwed-up QB situation?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by DanOregon, Oct 25, 2007.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm putting my money on Arizona. Warner's hurt and Leinart (also hurt) may be edging toward a discussion of whether he is a bust. Second place to Carolina, do they have a qb "of the future"? They just started a qb of the past.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Bit too early to call Leinart a bust methinks.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

The Bears have to be in this discussion. It's only a matter of time before Griese reverts to his appropriate level of suck. Grossman's head is so screwed up he'll never be right in Chicago and Kyle Orton is drunk in a bar in Iowa City.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think the Jaguars are in serious trouble if Garrard is out for any time, as evidenced by the remainder of Monday night's game.

Quinn Gray did not look in any way like an NFL quarterback.

5. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Very true; I think Garrard will be out at least two games.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Minnesota -- no present and no future.

7. Dangerous_K

Dangerous_K Active Member

At this very moment, I'd say it's Minny in the NFC and Jax in the AFC. Shortly it could be Chicago and/or Tampa Bay. The Bears are thin ice because Griese's M.O. is start off well then go completely down the toilet, and Grossman's head is fried and Orton is just generally fried. Tampa Bay's in danger because Garcia has been that offense's saving grace, but if he gets hurt they're toast.

Atlanta could be tossed into the conversation, but like I said in the Petrino thread it's maddening because Harrington was playing quite well before being benched.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner.

At this point, the Vikings would do better to get Fran Tarkenton out of retirement.

9. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Ole Miss?

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

How can this thread go even this long without the Dolphins being mentioned?

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Not a Cleo Lemon fan?

Way too early to call Leinart a bust. Philly's QB situation is screwed up becasue Andy Reid continues to ask his one-legged quarterback to the throw the ball 40 times in behind a line that has underacheived. Jack Del Rio is an idiot and his time will run out soon in Jacksonville. The Rams are all kinds of screwed if Bulger begins sucking ass since they have no backup plan. Atlanta could get the top pick next year, but no QB as of now is worthy. That might change if Matt Ryan leads BC pest Va. Tech tonight.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

How is it possible that the Falcons have not been mentioned?

Here is the lineage - Michael Vick, Joey Harrington, Byron Leftwich, Joey Harrington, who knows?

When a team is having to decide between Harrington and Leftwich, that is a screwed up situation.

Draft saved Draft deleted