1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which new TV shows are you excited to watch, 2012-13 edition...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 4, 2012.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The New Normal is pretty good... There's the potential to get preachy and if it does, the show will fail. If they just let the show be, it should be a pretty big hit.

Barkin is the weakest part of the show. The two guys, the surrogate and the daughter are all pretty hilarious.

2. Mizzougrad96

I can't decide if NBC is brilliant or idiotic for rolling stuff out early...

3. Mizzougrad96

I'm 25 minutes into Revolution and it sucks...

4. Mizzougrad96

I watched the second episode of Go On and it sucks... One more week and it's off the DVR list...

5. Mizzougrad96

Second episode of The New Normal was hilarious... It will be a huge hit...

6. NDub

NDub Guest

A buddy and I were talking the other day about the state of serialized television on the networks. We couldn't think of a show that has started in the past few years that has survived.

We both enjoy "Fringe," but this is its (fifth and) final season and only 13-episodes were given by Fox. Of course, this started back in 2008. We were thinking somewhere in the even closer past.

Can anyone think of NETWORK serialized show that has survived in the past few years?

It seems like the new shows such as "Revolution" and "Last Resort" haven't inspired much enthusiasm from early screenings.

7. Mizzougrad96

Jamie Lynn Sigler is in Guys with Kids...

So is Tempest Bledsoe.

Too bad the show will be lucky to last six episodes....

The show is unwatchable. A colossal piece of shit.

8. Mizzougrad96

Lost got six seasons. 24 got eight or so... I agree though, those serials are a really tough sell.

9. NDub

NDub Guest

Hey, you don't have to remind me of Lost or 24, two of my favorites. Lost remains my favorite. 24 was very good but faded toward the end.

Desperate Housewives had an eight- or nine-season run.

But I'm thinking more recently with my question. Let's say a show that has started in the past 3-4 years that is still telling a story.

10. NDub

NDub Guest

I guess my point is that the networks have turned out utter shit in the past five years as far as serialized TV goes.

Alcatraz, FlashForward, The Event, I don't even remember.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Did Tim Allen's show get picked up for a second season?

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Lasted eight minutes before I turned it off. May be a record for me.

Yes.

Draft saved Draft deleted