1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which new TV shows are you excited to watch, 2012-13 edition...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 4, 2012.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yeah, I still think you"re both nuts. ;D

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I said this on the other TV thread, but the Sarah Chalke show is pretty awful, which is unfortunate, because it's a really good cast with Elizabeth Perkins and Brad Garrett.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It isn't just the inept FBI, but the amnesia the writers seem to have and inject into the characters. Oh, and before we get around to developing any of the characters too much this late in the year, lets bring in another old girlfriend.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I've seen only the first episode of Bates Motel. It's fittingly creepy, but the dialogue and acting seem weak. Does it get any better?

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The reviews were rather negative.

6. DanOregon

In case your looking for a new show, BBC America's "Orphan Black" is pretty good. But you should feel free to wait until a few eps to pile up before deciding to invest or not.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Thanks for the permission to wait.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I just saw the first episode of Hannibal, which I thought was quite good... I don't watch a ton of NBC, but I hadn't seen many promos for it. I missed the first episode and wouldn't have known about it unless they were offering the first episode for free on iTunes.

9. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Shit. I completely meant to watch that.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We're watching it, but I've been disappointed.
    Vera Farmiga is pretty good in it, but I think they're doing too much. I wish the plotting was simpler. I just don't think they need this many story threads. I'm really only interested in Norman's development.

11. House M.D.

House M.D. Guest

Friends have turned me on to two shows recently: The Walking Dead and Doctor Who.

I'm really digging Walking Dead, although Dish doesn't carry AMC. I've got to keep my Netflix and pay extra. I like how the focus is on the survivors, rather than having a weekly zombie attack. That would get old really fast. I'm just starting season two.

Doctor Who is okay, even though I'm not big into sci-fi. It's very formulaic, like Smallville or Supernatural, in that it has a weekly alien. Although, I do like how there are multiple multi-part episodes. It gives the story room to breath and doesn't rush anything. I think I like the first Doctor more than the second season Doctor.

12. DanOregon

Watching Top of the Lake on Sundance. A six episode miniseries from Jane Campion. Reminds me a bit of Wallender, but with Elisabeth Moss instead of Kenneth Branagh. There is a lot going on besides the "mystery."

Draft saved Draft deleted