1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which new TV shows are you excited to watch, 2012-13 edition...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mizzougrad96, Aug 4, 2012.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I think they got all that sorted out.

2. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

It's not a new show, and I don't know when they're airing, but I was excited to see that "Arrested Development" is filming 10 new episodes.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, they all got huge, and well-deserved raises...

Considering that show could easily go another seven seasons and will make a truckload once it hits syndication, they need to keep that cast happy...

4. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

There's a show coming on BBC America - I think in mid-to-late August. But for the life of me I can't remember what it is, only that I wanted to check it out.

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse Member

Copper? That looks pretty good.

6. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

Matthew Perry better not settle in too much on this sitcom because this thing is not lasting long

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I don't know... 10 minutes in, I would have completely agreed, but I thought it ended strong...

I'm not predicting syndication, but I could see it doing well enough to get a second season.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yeah. The previews look somewhat interesting, and it's on a night I can watch, so I may give it a shot.

Looks pretty much like "Deadwood" crossed with "Gangs of New York."

9. SalukiNC

SalukiNC Member

Matthew Perry's show is terrible (judging from NBC's preview)

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Totally disagree, and I went in expecting it to suck in light of his work since Friends.

But this was very promising. Had a "Dear John" vibe to it.

11. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info ... Copper, that was it. Already set a season pass for it. Levinson-Fontana is a combo I'll always give a try.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Just watched it on nbc.com. I'm with Mizzou ... the first 10 minutes were pretty terrible. But it was good. I'll be back in September.

Draft saved Draft deleted