1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which movie are you most interested in seeing?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Nov 4, 2012.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Saw Flight last night. It's good -- not particularly cheery or fun, though there are laughs -- but good.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'm dreading 'The Hobbit.'
    Extra characters.
    Two hours, 40 minutes for the first installment of a two- or three-part series.

Peter Jackson should be kicked in the nuts.

3. turski7

turski7 Member

Jackson went for the three-part series. Yes, he should be kicked in the nuts.

4. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I think we've discussed my irrational hatred of DDL before. I think he passed the border for Suckville awhile ago. ;D

And yet, I will no doubt see "Lincoln" in the theater, as I do all the movies nominated for Oscars in the major categories (my own little tradition). I already think I'm going to hate it, because his stupid affected voice sounds higher than what I think Lincoln's would have sounded like. But I'm not, you know, prejudging or anything.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

This is why y'all can't vote.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Were you surprised to find it was a movie about addiction, not about an airplane crash?

The trailer and commercial is so far off from the story.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Twilight...

it was all a dream.

8. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I love this post. Totally forgot we had this discussion in the past, but old feelings resurfaced. :)

9. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Saw "Skyfall" a couple of weeks ago in a sneak preview. It is amazing. See it in a theater, because I don't care how good your home setup is, you can't take it all in like you can at the movies.

I will see "Lincoln," probably at the theater in a couple of weeks.

Have a date with the 10-year-old for "Wreck It Ralph" this Saturday. Can't wait.

I saw "Flight on Saturday and it was good, but far from great. Denzel was awesome, but there was just some weird stuff in it that was incongruous (the music, for one thing). And it's depressing as hell. And maybe I'm getting old, but it had the most gratuitous nudity to open the show I think I've ever seen in a movie. I mean it was great nudity, but really unnecessary.

10. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Was it Denzel? If so, I'm going to leave sick from work and go to the movie theater right now.

11. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

NO SPOILERS!

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

When I re-watched "There Will Be Blood" at home, I live blogged my reactions for one of my friends. I should see if I still have it somewhere. (I had already seen it in the theater and didn't hate it as much as I thought I would.).

Draft saved Draft deleted