1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which is worse?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by footballworld, Oct 23, 2006.

1. joe

joe Active Member

Well, then it's perfect because I'm neither.

2. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

Because the pinetar helps the batter to keep the bat from flying into the crowd and has no real effect on the swing. Meanwhile with the pitcher, the pine tar helps him alter his pitches.
    The way I look at it, this is ina completly different galaxy than Rose betting on baseball. What's the cliché, if you're not cheating, you're not trying? It's not like he's tanking the series on purpose (I thought I heard somewhere that Rose did admit to taking bets on games he managed in a couple of times, could be wrong). It's like in hockey, most players have two different sticks, one they use in the first two periods of the game, and then one that meets the legal standards for the final period and overtime, because they know no opposing coach will call them out on it until the third period when the game is on the line. Does it make it right? of course not, but it certainly isn't the end of the world. Hell I applaud him for taking that step if he was trying to cheat to give his team an advantage. He certainly isn't the first, nor will he be the last to doctor his pitches.

Draft saved Draft deleted