1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which game would you want to cover?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mayfly, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

A. First baseball game under the lights for a small team, playing against the best team in the state. The game is going to be played at the powerhouse's field. The powerhouse had lights previously, but the underdog has never played under them. Might be a 10-run rule, might not. Last year the small team played the bigger team tough to a 2-1 loss.

B. Lacrosse game featuring two of the best programs in the state, but one is notorious for destroying the other. Could this be the year the underdog gets it together?

Opinions and feedback

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Can I pick none of the above?

3. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

You could, but a real answer would be appreciated.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Call in sick.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The baseball game in a landslide (and this is from someone who also loves covering lacrosse). You say both games could wind up in routs, so the baseball game likely has two factors in its favor. A) It's baseball and is likely of more interest to your readers (I don't know your area, but I assume it is) and B) it's the first game under the lights.

This one isn't close.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I would go baseball here because of the lights.

7. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Baseball because 1. I love baseball, 2. there is no lacrosse in my neck of the woods and 3. I know very little about lacrosse other than it was originally a game played by Native Americans (Iroquois if I remember correctly.)

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Baseball, baseball, baseball.

All of the reasons mentioned above (i.e. It's baseball, first game under the lights, probably of great reader interest, it's baseball, the game has a history being the close 2-1 loss last season, etc.)

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Baseball, because there will never again be a first game under the lights

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Not really. If it's the underdog's first homegame under the lights, go there. If the underdog is on the road, go to lacrosse -- unless baseball is in Lacrosse

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

The underdog is going to play against the state powerhouse under the lights on the road. Last year they played during the day and hung tough, losing 2-1. They played so well the coach of the powerhouse invited them back to play again this year.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The impression I got was the little underdog school got lights on its field and was playing its first home game with them...

Lax it is...

Draft saved Draft deleted