1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which game do I go to?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by shotglass, Jun 19, 2006.

?

Which game do I walk into tomorrow?

1. Yankees at Phillies

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  2. Marlins at Orioles

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Here's the dilemma.

I'm going to drive to either Baltimore or Philadelphia tomorrow, walk up to the window and get the best available seat.

Clearly, one game's better than the other. But the dilemma, of course, is would I rather watch the Phils-Yanks from some 600-level seating or the Marlins-Orioles possibly from low behind the plate?

P.S. I'm not above looking for some decent-prized tickets on the street. It would still be better than the way ticket brokers rip us off.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Yabkees-Phillies. Two historic franchises, marquee players ... why not. But that's just me.

3. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

I voted for Orioles-Marlins.

I'm a big believer in getting the best seat possible....I think you go to the ballpark for two reasons: the overall experience of being at a game and the chance to see the game from views you don't normally get from TV. Being closer only enhances both. Additionally, the Balt-Marlins game offers an intriguing pitching matchup in Cabrera-Willis, two guys who have the potential to be perennial all-stars and are fun to watch.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Plus, in Baltimore, you're not actually looking directly at the root of all evil.

So there's that.

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

And with Baltimore, you have Camden Yards and you can get crab cakes before, after or during the game.

6. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

I say Baltimore. I really like that stadium and the surrounding area.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Don't forget Boog's barbecue. And hit Fells Point after the game.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

This is a toss-up. Baltimore has an intriguing pitching match up, plus wonderful eats and shopping. If you go to Philly, you get the opportunity to root against evil.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Okay let me go ahead and say it. Balmer natives and O's fans, cover your ears. Here goes:

Boog's barbeque SUCKS ASS. I got a pulled pork platter during the sixth inning of a game I went to a month ago or so. The pork tasted like bones, the beans tasted and looked like store-brand canned chili and the slaw was warm and without any zing or for that matter purpose, making it the highlight of the meal because it wasn't outwardly godawful. Maybe I got them on a bad day, but never have I been more dissapointed in ballpark food than that meal.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Yanks-Phils. Not many times in life you get a chance to see the Bombers.

11. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Have you been to both stadiums before?

12. Last time I ate Boog's BBQ, I found a band-aid in my sammich. That was about 8 years ago.

That said, go to Marlins-O's. Two entertaining teams that you don't get to watch on ESPN 5 nights a week.

Draft saved Draft deleted