1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Which conference will lay a turd in the NCAA tournament this year?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Mar 18, 2009.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You know, the power conference who gets a bunch of teams in, then struggles to advance even one or two teams to the Sweet 16?

This year, I am going with the Big 10. No particular reason, just makes sense if past performance is any indicator. Your prediction?

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Could be the ACC. I wouldn't be shocked if North Carolina was the only team that makes it past the first weekend.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Big East

4. derwood

derwood Active Member

Big 10.

5. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

The Big 12.

It's right in the middle of the wheat and corn belts and they've probably been eating a lot of fiber.

6. Big 10.
    Nobody else will be close.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Gotta be the Big 10 right?
    They got a lot of teams in, but only 2 are actually teams worth a damn.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Big East. Expectations are too high. One team in the FF is a failure when there are three #1 seeds.

10. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Big 10. No way that group should have gotten 7 bids.

11. MartinEnigmatica

MartinEnigmatica Active Member

I won't say I'd be shocked if the Big East struggled again. It had eight teams in the tourney last season, and Louisville was the only one to make the Elite Eight. Villanova, a 12 seed, got to the Sweet 16 before losing to Kansas, and West Virginia got to the Sweet 16 after taking out Duke.
    Otherwise, ND lost by 20 points in the second round, second-seeded Georgetown lost to Stephen Curry in the second round, Pitt lost to MSU in the second round, Marquette ran into Stanford in the second round, UConn dropped a turd against San Diego in the opening round.
    If I recall, the Big East was also talked up as a strong conference last year, but not one Final Four team with a number of high seeds.

12. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

Big 10. Didn't deserve as many teams as they got in the field. It will show.

Draft saved Draft deleted