1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

where's your refund going?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Congrats, Hank! I'll be paying mine for a long, long time.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

If they keep giving me forebearances, I don't plan on EVER paying it off.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

No, thanks. I just ate.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I used a few of those, IJAG. But eventually they stopped giving them out.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Never heard of those. How does it work?

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's not that great a deal if you ever plan on paying off your loans. Basically, you don't have to make a payment for a year, but the interest keeps racking up.

How long did it take for them to stop giving them, Hank? I've gotten them for about 8 straight years.

7. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

I am getting married. Weddings are hella expensive.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

"Why are divorces so expensive? Because they're worth it."

Sorry, it just sprang to mind.

9. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Very interesting...I'll tell you more and see if it still sounds like I should do something different.

I've got about 4k left in student loans and just got a nice (used) car in January. Student loan rate is at 3.5 percent while car is 5.25. I was trying to pay off the student sooner so I'd just be down to one payment a month, since the interest isn't what I consider significantly different.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Hell. Yes. My company wanted to jumpstart the program this year, so they gave you and extra $150 if you contributed five or more dollars per week. I jumped on that.

I'll get my hair did, buy some new foundation and then put the rest in the bank if I can't find a cheap desktop for Dr. J.

Oh, and I'll put $50 towards a hotel stay in March. Dr. J is getting me Fleetwood Mac tickets for Valentines.

11. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

Isuzu Trooper transmission repair. Fun, fun.

12. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Depending on how much it is, either a refurbished iPod or a Wii and the rest in my savings account. It'd better be close to a grand because I've got deductions out the wazoo this year (moving, tuition, etc.) plus I didn't get a stimulus check. Come on, Uncle Sam, help me out here. :p

Draft saved Draft deleted