1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

where's your refund going?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by jps, Jan 31, 2009.

1. jps

jps Active Member

just curious ... seems ours always just vanishes as soon as it comes in, paying off various debt. this year it's going to pay off the bulk of our car, which will allow for us to begin saving for a house. hoping to be out of the apartment by the summer.

where does yours go? are we the only ones that don't use the refund to buy new toys, go on vacation, etc.?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i'm going to buy a bunch of coke and send it to the fine folks in casper.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We use it for household expenses throughout the year.

4. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

If I get one -- and I'm still not entirely sure I will -- it's going toward a plane ticket home.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

One to two major projects and the rest is in the bank for daycare.

Repaving the driveway and organizing the garage are the two projects.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My car.

7. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Bingo. Why would anyone lend the government money at zero percent interest? Anyone in a state with income tax should think hard about adjusting. Look at California.

8. markvid

markvid Guest

Mine's headed into a high-yield CD.

9. New living room furniture. The other $1,500 is heading into our checking account.

10. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If I get one either the credit card or savings for my summer vacation. Not sure where I'm going yet.

11. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

A new windshield for my truck, some camera accessory (a lens or a flash), and summer vacay.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Refund? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I'm hoping, but last time I moved between states, I ended up owing my old state $1000. So...hopefully that was just H&R Block sucking and once I get an actual accountant I'll get some money back.

Draft saved Draft deleted