1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where's Al Sharpton On This One?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, Dec 2, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Found this sad story buried on pg 10 of the Post. Where's the outrage?

KILLED OVER PARKING SPOT
    By PHILIP MESSING and PATRICK WHITE

December 2, 2006 -- A man was gunned down yesterday in a Brooklyn restaurant after a dispute over a parking spot, police said.

Ricardo Sterling, 24, was killed instantly when he was shot once in the chest inside Good Hope West Indian Restaurant at 1683 Flatbush Ave. in Midwood, police said.

Police sources said Sterling had to double park in front of the eatery at about 3 p.m. and got into a argument with a man who he believed took his parking spot while driving a light blue Jaguar.

Sterling allegedly pulled a knife on the other driver, according to the sources, as the argument escalated.

A third man apparently tried to intercede, but Sterling allegedly threatened him too, the sources said.

After going into the restaurant, the Jaguar driver came inside and shot at Sterling multiple times - but only hit him once, witnesses said.

"I walked past and then I heard mad shots. I don't know how many there were. It was just like pop-pop-pop!" said a shaken Jess Lopez, 15.

"I came back to the restaurant and went inside. The guy was face down. He must have been on his cellphone because he was still holding it in his hands. There was a pool of blood around the guy and his head was all messed up," she added.

Sterling, a father of three, was with his 5-months-pregnant wife, who was in the car waiting with their youngest child. After the shooting, his sister arrived and could be heard wailing, "My brother is dead! My brother is dead!"

Draft saved Draft deleted