1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where would you go if you had $3,000 in your pocket?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Care Bear, Sep 10, 2008.

1. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Sorry, by the way, if you were referring to Portland, Maine. I've got Portland, Oregon on my brain because one of my best friends just moved there...

2. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

For me personally, I'd probably go to Portland. My grandmother (and my "mother") live in Windham.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

http://www.capehatterasmotel.com/

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Oooh Outer Banks is a great call.

5. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Screw my bank and their new restrictions. I'm not helping that foolish institution out...I'm trying to take money away from them!!

6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I won't bash the Outer Banks, but I never saw what the others did. Seriously.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I've never been, but it's on the short list.

Seems like this might be a good time to go, too.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Seems like time is more of a factor than money. Hard to make a flying trip worthwhile.

Have you thought about finding some luxury resort within a couple hours drive and letting them just pamper the shit out of you? (leave the cell turned off.) The Greenbrier always sounded perfect for this to me.

http://www.greenbrier.com/site/

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Sam,

You're a pretty laidback guy. Finding a place where I can actually relax and power down is very nice. Different strokes, and all that.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

I have been to The Greenbrier. Loved it. But by four days, I mean I leave on a Thursday morning, and I've got Thursday night, all day Friday-Sunday. Leave Monday morning. I don't mind the travel time. I'm used to that crap.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I'd wait til the first weekend of October and head to either New England or Colorado,....

12. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I did a 4 day road trip in Maine a few years back in mid-September. I flew in and out of Portland and also went to Bar Harbor and Kennebunkport. I had a grea time - ate lots of good food and just loved being in New England.

I've never been to the Pacific Northwest, so I'd probably go there, but you would lose a day coming back.

Draft saved Draft deleted