1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where will he land?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

I suppose no one yet. Though Walsh is going to have work double-time to hold his tongue between now and July 2010.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

If they mentioned LeBron specifically by name, that is tampering.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The Knicks haven't mentioned LeBron by name.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's newsworthy because the Knicks just traded a ton of players to clear cap room to make a legitimate run at signing Wade, Stoudemire and LeBron. It wouldn't stun me if they try to get all three.

The thought of this happening is enough to make David Stern wet himself.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

If Wade goes anywhere, he is going to Chicago. Imagine the way they could market that team with Wade and Derrick Rose, two local guys, in the backcourt. If Deng ever gets his shit together and realizes his potential they could have a very good nucleus.

6. RossLT

RossLT Guest

A question for anyone who wants to answer: Say the Cavs make a move at the deadline this season and get a player who can compliment LeBron and either this year or next make an amazing run through the playoffs and win the whole thing, does this make him want to stay in Cleveland or head to NY?

Far-fetched idea, but just putting it out there.

7. Mizzougrad96

I'm guessing Nike will sweeten LeBron's endorsement deal considerably if he's playing in NYC.

I could see Wade going home to Chicago, but I could also see him joining James in NYC.

I just want to know what odds I can get on the Knicks winning the 2010-11 NBA title?

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That really isn't saying much.

But really, is it that big of a deal? He gets more exposure if he plays in New York? Right, because we never see or hear about LeBron James now.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

It's manifest destiny, the inevitable conclusion. Like Shaq going to LA.

10. Mizzougrad96

I'd like to see the full list of players who will be free agents after the 2009-10 season.

If I'm not mistaken, LeBron, Wade, Stoudemire and Bosh are the four biggest names. I would not be suprised at all if at least two of them wind up in NYC. You also have to figure the Knicks will have added a couple lottery picks by then as well.

11. Mizzougrad96

This isn't going to stop the talk...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoQxXvtSnmxq6LwBIh6sOIa8vLYF?slug=aw-lebrontampering112608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

That's all that's been written about in NY since last week's trades.
    The fact that LeBron was at the Garden less than a week after the Knicks started a major salary dump to clear cap room for him in 2010 was the biggest story in NY the past few days... that and the "possibility" of a Jets-Giants Super Bowl, which is just a tad premature as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted