1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where to stay in Scottsdale?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sea Bass, May 16, 2016.

1. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Heading to Scottsdale for a few days in July (yeah, I know).

Any recommendations on what part of town to stay in for restaurants/bars/etc? I'll be there for the 4th as well, so wondering if there's any extra-cool stuff that happens in the city that day.

2. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Greats deals on high end hotels in summer. You can stay at 5 star resort for under $200 a night. Closest to downtown is The W. The larger resorts like the Phoenician , Four Seasons and Hyatt Ganey Ranch are not walking distance to downtown and require cab.

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If you're a golfer, definitely bring the clubs. There's deep discounts on green fees in the summer ... if you can tolerate heat, bring a bunch of water and a wet towel and enjoy some great courses.

The Phoenician Resort (near Camelback Mountain) is an example that comes to mind; I played it (with cart) for about $50 a few summers ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted