1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where should I eat and drink in Richmond VA this weekend?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Sep 24, 2015.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, sort of dating myself there, eh? The Pass was a great place, though. Nice to see someone else remembers it.

I just found out a couple days ago that the magnificent train station on Broad Street was now the Virginia Museum of Science, or something like that. It's tough to keep up from 3500 miles away.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

This

1,000 times this

3. 93Devil

4. 93Devil

Very strong choice as well.

One of the most eclectic places you will ever visit.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

So TV, where'd you go?

By the way, I had been sort of blowing off the races until I took the family to Libby Hill yesterday. Now I'm regretting not dropping other obligations to attend the other days. So much fun.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Hi all, thanks for the many recommendations.

Best place I ate was WaWa's. Ha, just kidding, but crossthreading a bit.

Stayed at the Courtyard downtown, just off the course. Team Belgium and the Specialized company folks were there, so it proved to be a good choice. Attended the Team GB victory party following the woman's race, at a Mexican joint called Maya. The margaritas went down almost as quickly as my Vols and Mizzou did shortly before my arrival.

Also had brunch during the race at Kitchen on Carey, which was delish. Didn't get out about about around Richmond as much as I would have liked, spending instead a lot of time schlepping back and forth between Libby Hill and the finish line/Convention Center. Did hit the Capital Ale House a couple of times.

Great race and the people I spoke with within the industry were thrilled with the town, the course, the hospitality; I'm not sure what the folks of Richmond thought, though...as I heard from a couple of people within the hospitality industry that they were expecting a bigger overseas turnout.

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I've heard good things about Maya, but never been. This thread has me thinking I need to take a trip over to Richmond one of these weekends.

Draft saved Draft deleted