1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where is Justin Bieber's publicist?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Sea Bass, Feb 16, 2011.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Wish I had edited my spelling errors before my post was quoted. :(

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What could he have said that would be "controversial"? There are largely two sides to the abortion debate in this country, both reasonable in theory (if not always in action). If anything, I think she was trying to be the one to plant him in one side of the culture wars or another, and stars are apt to do so at some point. Even less nefariously, she probably wanted to see if he thinks about such things, and what he thinks about them. Abortion is a decent proxy for finding out if someone cares about something bigger than their next tour date.

3. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

Except, of course, for the other interview he just gave bashing our health care system and wholeheartedly endorsing that of his native Canada.

Color that courtship over before it starts.

4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

He's 16. I want to know what he thinks the drinking age should be and where he stands on the legalization of marijuana.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

He could have volunteered it too.

6. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Again, he's 16. He doesn't know anything about health care. He doesn't know if he's conservative or liberal. He was just delivering seemingly honest answers from a kid's perspective. Give the guy a break.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

RS: So what's it like to get trampled by 12-year-old girls?
    JB: I love my fans, but I hate getting trampled. You know what else I hate? Abortion.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

When I was 16, I faithfully watched The Morton Downey Jr. Show, and I would have spouted political observations directly from that mindset if anyone had asked. Thank God nobody asked, and also that if anybody had, there was no Internet to record it for posterity.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm surprised RS didn't have Matt Taibbi interview Bieber.

10. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Hahahaha!

RS: Were you sad on Sunday night when you were shut out at The Grammy's?

JB: Not as sad as the millions of Americans unable to receive proper medical treatment due to the heinous health care system in your country.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

RS: Do you like Esperanza Spalding?
    JB: I don't know. Has she had an abortion?

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

A few options:

1. "Abortions for all!"
    2. "Abortions for none!"
    3. "Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others!"

Draft saved Draft deleted