1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where have you gone Brooks Bollinger: Week 5 CFB running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Sep 27, 2009.

1. I also like Colorado getting 17 at WVU.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'd say Hawkins has to get to a bowl to save his job and after losing what should have been two easy games, he's going to need some upsets to get there.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

West Virginia will beat the Buffs by about three scores.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

21-15? ;)

5. dooley_womack1

Take the prop bet on three safeties if you're that confident. And in the interest of precision, three touchdowns is what I meant.

6. Songbird

Even a TD and 2 FG's is 13 points. Even 2 TDs and a FG is the 17 and there's a push.

But I think Colorado can keep it within shouting distance.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Player criticizes Leach via Twitter for being late to a meeting. Reaction: Leach calls Twitter and Facebook unnecessary distractions, T'tech players banned from Twitter, players' Facebook pages will be monitored.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090928/ap_on_sp_co_ne/fbc_texas_tech_no_tweeting_2

8. Songbird

OK, so maybe the Red Raiders get pissed at Leach and play half-heartedly against New Mexico as payback.

Maybe I should take New Mexico and the points.

9. dooley_womack1

Are some players just stupid? Why would a player tweet about his coach's punctuality?

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Y'arrr... Big Brother be watchin' ye Internet usage, ye scurvy dogs... y'arrrrr....

11. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Needing a challenge, I played with Baylor in NCAA 09 a while ago. Robert Griffin, even as a frosh, was good. The established starter, Szymanski or whatever it is, not so much. I think I rotated them the first year, then benched the senior altogether once Griffin's stats made him usable as a passer.

(Lost against OU the first year because I called an option play on second or third-and-goal, trailing by 7. Only I forgot to take Szymanski out and put Griffin in.)

12. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I don't know about that. New Mexico is 0-4 and is beating up on each other.

Locksley reprimanded for hitting assistant coach
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5grwRmEHAt6vklRirYojRjRMOp7vwD9B0J5V81

Draft saved Draft deleted