1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where have you gone Brooks Bollinger: Week 5 CFB running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by PopeDirkBenedict, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

As I mentioned a few posts earlier, here's some crappy news, even if you're not a Baylor fan. Griffin has been touted as the kid who'll elevate the Bears back into quasi-prominence. I remember them being pretty decent in the mid-80s -- they shut out USC at home one year. Anyhoo, massive loss. In the same game, the senior backup QB hurt his shoulder, so Baylor might have to go with a running back as the starting QB on Saturday.

http://www.wacotrib.com/baylor/content/sports/college/2009/09/28/0928wacGriffintearsACL.html

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Wow, Indiana over Ohio State? Bold pick, but I'm not sure I see that.

Much as I've love to see the desperate Spartans prevail, my mind says Michigan is better. We'll see what happens in Iowa City on Oct. 10, though ...

Oh, and for those of you ready to climb aboard the Vandal bandwagon ... Colorado State visits Idaho on Saturday in a key matchup for WAC pecking order.

Led by QB Nathan Enderle (18-for-23, 270 yards, 3 TDs, no picks) and RB DeMaundray Woolridge (144 yards rushing), the Vandal offense looked pretty good last week on the road against one of the MAC's better teams.

Plenty of room on the Idaho bandwagon, folks. I'll save you all a seat. :D

3. Songbird

Indiana played well at Michigan. Hoosiers might not be a power, but they're no pushovers.

I'll jump on that Vandals bandwagon (The Vandals were a great punk band, too!). But you're right in that Saturday's win was pretty impressive on the road. I'll take Idaho to cover.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm just gearing up for next week when LSU beats Florida and the Gators fall a spot or two in the poll.

5. Chef

Chef Active Member

Xan: Avatars for a week says tOSU dispatches of IU by 14 or more.

6. Early line favs:
    I like Clemson by 14 over Maryland
    Cent. Mich an 8.5 over Buffalo
    Va. Tech and 17 over Duke
    Nevada and 4 over UNLV.
    And my underdog ... I like West. Mich. getting 6.5 on N. Illi.

7. Songbird

OK, but mine isn't a college team. So when I win, just put the USC logo as the avatar.

That said ... 14? If -- IF -- Ohio State wins, it'll be by 7 or less.

8. Songbird

I don't like any of those, especially Virginia Tech. They might be hung over and let Duke hang around before scoring a late TD to make it a 14-point margin.

Northern Illinois will come out stronger after getting whipped by Idaho (I'd take the over).

Upon further review, I think Clemson could smoke the Terps after that tough loss to TCU.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Clemson SHOULD smoke the Terps, though traditionally it's a close game. Of course, this Terp team sucks a lot more than the ones in the past.

No way Indiana beats Ohio State. The Hoosiers may have come close to beating Michigan, but Ohio State is way better than the RichRods.

10. Oh this Terps team sucks so, so bad.

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Michigan has no defense. Notre Dame and Indiana moved the ball at will against them. tOSU has a very good defense and will be able to shut down IU's offense. I really don't see it being close.

12. Songbird

Ohio State has 2 straight shutouts. There's a lot of pressure to keep that streak going. I think if Indiana can score an early touchdown, it rattles the Bucks a bit.

Then again, maybe the pressure is off the Bucks if Indiana scores that early TD because they don't have to worry about that 3rd straight shutout and can just settle in to play a solid defensive game.

Eh, I'm still going with Indiana. Pryor's numbers against Illinois sucked. He might be overrated.

Draft saved Draft deleted