1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where Does Tiger Finish at Augusta?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Captain_Kirk, Apr 6, 2010.

?

Where Does Tiger Finish at Augusta?

1. Unbelievable--another green jacket.

13.8%
  2. Runner-up--gets Yanged again.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Top 5

3.4%
  4. Top 10

22.4%
  5. Plays the weekend but not a factor

37.9%
  6. Misses Cut

6.9%
  7. On Someone's Grille

15.5%
  1. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Memory serves you well, Playthrough. You are correct.

Based on sheer talent, Tiger will do what he did last year: give the appearance of contending without actually doing so. In the process, he'll have CBS coming out of its collective corporate skin like an adolescent about to get his first piece.

But he won't win because his touch won't quite be there and that's what Augusta demands.

Now that said, if he goes off at 4-1 in the next two majors, back up the truck.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It says a lot that he's coming off an injury and a scandal and is still the favorite.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

I'm predicting that he will finish at the 18th hole.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

I'm with Bird. He's not winning this thing.

5. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I'm not certain he's in the frame of mind to pull off making the cut.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I think he'll play OK for a day or two, blow up on Friday or Saturday, close some ground on Sunday, and finish top 15 or so.

In other words, pretty good for anybody else, but not good for Tiger. And of course, we'll get an absolute tsunami of "he's finished" "he's lost it" "he should retire immediately to avoid wrecking his legacy" deep and profound think pieces in the days following the tournament.

7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, he's competing against a bunch of people who couldn't beat a 59-year-old at the British Open last year.

8. Bamadog

Bamadog Well-Known Member

His touch may be off, but I've learned never to count him out. Especially since he beat poor Rocco Mediate in the U.S. Open playing on one leg, literally.

I think he either finishes top 10 or wins the whole thing. It reminds me of when Michael Jordan came back from his baseball/unofficial suspension (I still think that Stern suspended him unofficially) from the NBA to roast the Knicks for 55 points. He wasn't quite himself, but that night in the Garden, he was something else. I don't think Tiger will lap the field, but if Michael could rip the Knicks on his favorite stage, there's no reason why Tiger couldn't do the same in his favorite arena.

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Tiger matched up with Matt Kuchar and K.J. Choi. Tee time at 1:42 p.m. EDT. ESPN will show the first tee shot live, nothing else until it comes on the air at 4 p.m. EDT.

10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

My money's on: misses the cut.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Paired him with a couple of ordinarily cheerful players. Their cheer will be tested Thursday and Friday. Although it might be kind of cool to see K.J. Choi interviewed on "Inside Hollywood."

12. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

:'( i'm so proud :'(

and middle of her back is my pick

Draft saved Draft deleted