1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where does Krzyzewski rank?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mr. Sunshine, Apr 7, 2015.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I used to get a laugh picking up media guides and playing "Sociology, Phys. Ed or Communications?" with the other writers.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Spoken like a true philosopher.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I didn't major in philosophy, but it's not a joke major whatsoever. It's one of the most difficult.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't want to come across as dismissive of the discipline of sociology here. I do want to come across as dismissive of the sociology major at such bastions of pretense as Duke. When you get away from those places, I would imagine the rigor increases substantially. For example, I would assume the sociology major at Penn State-Abington is especially strong.

5. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

College football's postseason gave Notre Dame received bogus preferential treatment (the 2000, 2005 and 2006 BCS appearances were so undeserved.) Their 2012 title game appearance came on the heels of highly questionable officials calls against Pitt and Stanford that year.
    At least Duke has to earn a national championship.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The '05 BCS appearance was not remotely undeserved.

7. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Maybe it depends on the school. I took it because it was an easy A and there were tons of athletes in my classes. It's not a joke major, but the grading can be highly subjective.

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Krzyzewski is the Phil Collins of basketball coaches.

9. Craig Sagers Tailor

Craig Sagers Tailor Active Member

Su-Su-Sulaimon?

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Yes, don't sell Ferry short. he was tremendously unlikable.

In fact, I'm trying to think of a Duke player over the years that would qualify as likeable, and nothing much comes to mind. Bland, plastic, emotionless personas with little in terms of character, charm, personality.

Kind of like their coach I guess.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Back in the day at Mizzou, all the guys from Detroit were Agriculture majors. That totally made sense.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can see Nathan Buntin as an urban farmer, if he is still alive.

Draft saved Draft deleted