1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are they now: Mark Bavaro?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Jun 10, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Apparently in his den, completing his first book. Due out in September:

[​IMG]

Already some positive reviews from Mike Golic, Charlie Weis, Phil McConkey, and Joe Theismann.

Here's your book description: Dominic Fucillo is a tight end for the surging New York Giants. Rebellious, ferociously angry, deeply religious and fighting injuries and a crumbling love life that would bring the average man to his knees, Dom is a veteran player who is having the toughest season of his career at a time when his team can do nothing wrong--or so it seems.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Who ghosted it for him?

3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

By golly, if Mike Golic, Charlie Weis, Phil McConkey, and Joe Theismann all liked it, I'm buying it immediately.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Gonna wait for the paperback.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Or the miniseries.

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

I hate crumbling love lives that bring average men to their knees.

7. In Exile

In Exile Member

I can only hope it's as good as "Danger In Center Field" by acclaimed novelist Willie Mays.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I assume there are a lot of pictures in it, since Bavaro was never known for his wordiness.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

irony is, bavaro is one of the brightest, most well-spoken athletes i've ever known. he's a great interview since retiring, admitting he was a "bit Neanderthalish" during his playing days.

clearly this is an autobiographical "novel." as for the good reviews from mcconkey and the others, yeah, they're b.s. mcconkey is probably bavaro's best friend in the world. in fact, bavaro so intimidated even parcells that the big tuna would communicate with him through mcconkey.

could be an interesting read. at least for high schoolers.

Draft saved Draft deleted