1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Where are the apologies from the Dubya?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Columbo, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Of course, he has murdered thousands of our young women and men, but I'm not even talking about that atrocity, for which none of our board chicken hawks have asked an apology....

This is based purely on what Shrub has said, based on the newly established John Kerry standard of misspeak being taken literally by asshats such as John McCain, Tony Snow and Silver Spoon In Chief himself:

"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." —Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care." —Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"The Patriot Act has increased the flow of information within our government and it has helped break up terrorist cells in the United States of America. And the United States Congress was right to renew the terrorist act -- the Patriot Act." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C. , Sept. 7, 2006

"You know, one of the hardest parts of my job is to connect Iraq to the war on terror." --George W. Bush, interview with CBS News' Katie Couric, Sept. 6, 2006

"I've reminded the prime minister-the American people, Mr. Prime Minister, over the past months that it was not always a given that the United States and America would have a close relationship." George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., June 29, 2006

"The point now is how do we work together to achieve important goals. And one such goal is a democracy in Germany." --George W. Bush, D.C., May 5, 2006

"We're never been stay the course, George." --George W. Bush, attempting to distance himself from what has been his core strategy in Iraq for the last three years, interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, Oct. 22, 2006

"I was not pleased that Hamas has refused to announce its desire to destroy Israel." --George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., May 4, 2006

"People don't need to worry about security. This deal wouldn't go forward if we were concerned about the security for the United States of America." --George W. Bush, on the deal to hand over U.S. port security to a company operated by the United Arab Emirates, Washington, D.C., Feb. 23, 2006

"And I want those who are questioning it to step up and explain why all of a sudden a Middle Eastern company is held to a different standard than a Great British company." --George W. Bush, defending a plan to allow a company controlled by the United Arab Emirates to manage ports in the United States, aboard Air Force One, Feb. 21, 2006

"I am here to make an announcement that this Thursday, ticket counters and airplanes will fly out of Ronald Reagan Airport." —Washington, D.C., Oct. 3, 2001

"Oh, no, we're not going to have any casualties." —discussing the Iraq war with Christian Coalition founder Pat Robertson, as quoted by Robertson

"We need an energy bill that encourages consumption." —Trenton, N.J., Sept. 23, 2002

"It is white." —after being asked by a child in Britain what the White House was like, July 19, 2001

"The really rich people figure out how to dodge taxes anyway." —explaining why high taxes on the rich are a failed strategy, Annandale, Va., Aug. 9, 2004

"My plan reduces the national debt, and fast. So fast, in fact, that economists worry that we're going to run out of debt to retire." —radio address, Feb. 24, 2001

"I trust God speaks through me. Without that, I couldn't do my job." —to a group of Amish he met with privately, July 9, 2004

"Major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed." —speaking underneath a "Mission Accomplished" banner aboard the USS Abraham Lincoln, May 1, 2003

“We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories … And we'll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven't found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they're wrong, we found them." —Washington, D.C., May 30, 2003

"Those weapons of mass destruction have got to be somewhere!" —President George W. Bush, joking about his administration's failure to find WMDs in Iraq as he narrated a comic slideshow during the Radio & TV Correspondents' Association dinner, Washington, D.C., March 24, 2004

"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." —Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 17, 2002

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country." —Poplar Bluff, Mo., Sept. 6, 2004

2. pallister

pallister Guest

3. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

What should I put in that open yap of yours?

Dems' biggest problem since Slick Willie headed out.... not popping square in the kisser the people saying things like that.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He speaks the truth on this one.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh Columbo. everytime we argue over baseball or music and I think you can't get any dumber, you go and do something like this.............and COMPLETELY redeem yourself!!!

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A fine, representative list of verbal atrocities from Mr. Short-Circuit.

8. Make the pie higher!
    Bring it on!

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I see someone was watching oberman

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

That YOU were says a whole lot.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

KO does have a well-trained eye, in terms of isolating the most laughable grotesqueries.

12. Major combat operations in Iraq are over.
    (Because al Sadr says so.)

Draft saved Draft deleted