1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When your crush is shattered

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, Dec 17, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Spent the weekend in Georgia today and had some odd circumstances.
    Had a guy come up to me in the Russell Athletic outlet store and ask "Are you Slappy? I've been a big fan of your writing since you moved down here." Turns out the guy owns a couple of bookstores -- one in Auburn, one at UAB.
    In church today, there was a woman there who looked exactly like former Michigan atheltic director Jack Weidenbach.

But last night was the crusher. What do you do when you see a crush for the first time and it's not what you thought? We were waiting to take our turn going through the Callaway Gardens light show in Georgia; I was walking into the pavilion when I ran into a familiar face -- Sharon Resultan of the Weather Channel, walking out as we were walking in,. Ever since psycho Kam Carmen left TWC, Sharon has been my alltime favorite weather girl crush.
    Ms. Slappy saw the look on my face and asked what was wrong. I told her I have seen my crush and she's not what I thought. Pretty much looks the same, but paler, mousier and I swear there was a blonde mustache there. Saw her in line about 15 minutes later, walked past again and --- well, she's not my crush any more...
    So I need to come up with the new equivalent of Ms. Slappy's crush on Joe Elliott...

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

I thought this thread might have something to do with the Dwarf.

Never mind.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Any Jake Scott sightings?

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yeah, she was mousy... I could overlook that... was that upper lip thing that got me...

And no, Grampy... I am multi-dimensional... I'm not always dwarf-tossing...

5. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Stephanie Abrams - looks better than Resultan on TV, and she looks better in person than she does on TV. Nice girl. too.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Stephanie Abrams

*droul*

7. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

There certainly are parts of Georgia where one day feels like a year, let alone a weekend.

Bababling bling bling bling.

Bababling bling bling bling.

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

I thought for sure slappy was going to cap that story with "Steve Fisher" or "Jalen Rose" instead of "Sharon Resultan".

I echo the Stephanie Abrams love. I have seen her in person, and that face/sweater puppets combination is TOP SHELF in real life. If Ms. Rockbottom had not been in the vicinity, I would have broken out some A-List Rockbottom Game (patent pending).

rb

9. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

You guys ever catch Alexandra Steele in the evenings on TWC? There are nights when she dons the all-white outfit and, to use the vernacular, her "headlights" are "on."

Also, you can totally make out some nipple.

10. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Talk about your blind crushes.

Yeah, I'm going to hell.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I never got into Alexandra Steele myself. She seems like she'd have some dominatrix in her, and that scares me a bit. Besides, as that Abrams and Bettes show proves, Stephanie likes to touch people. A lot.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Hey, that happened to me with Gloria Estefan, who I always had thought was smokin'. Saw her in person and was extremely unimpressed.

Draft saved Draft deleted