1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When your competition e-mails about middle school coverage

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Central-KY-Kid, May 26, 2007.

1. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Um. Isn't she free to express her opinion -- loony as it might be -- in her own publication?

You have my sympathy, Kid.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

OK, now the gloves should come off.

Mr. Publisher should send the following e-mail:

Dear Crazy Lady:

Thank you for your recent e-mail, and while we respect your right to indulge in unconventional and nontraditional interspecies/intragender/chronologically diverse sexual practices, we must advise you we have no desire to publicize such activities in our newspaper. You, of course, are entirely free to do so in your own.

It may interest you to know that Loretta's Love Boutique is holding its annual sale of warming lotions, flavored gels and personalized pleasure devices. Enjoy.

Courage.

Sincerely,
    your casual acquaintance,
    Mr. Publisher

;) ;)

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

We got snarky e-mails many, many moons ago from a sports writer at a weekly paper down the road. We forwarded them to HIS publisher. That guy didn't last long.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

If I wrote that, I'd stoop to Crazy Lady's level. I don't need to do that even if I'm thinking that way.

Draft saved Draft deleted