1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When your apartment is a mess and there's a chance a girl will be coming over ..

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Dec 7, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Re: When your apartment is a mess and there's a chance a girl will be coming ove

I did the no furniture, sleep on an air mattress thing for 6 weeks when I first moved.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I have a plastic Rubbermaid tub for a coffee table. That might go into the closet.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Re: When your apartment is a mess and there's a chance a girl will be coming ove

Cook/bake something for her. Then you have an excuse for the kitchen being messy. :D

Got you beat. I slept on an air mattress for five months because I didn't have the money to move all my furniture across the country, and then didn't have the money to buy a bed.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I slept on the floor of my house when I first bought it for a week. The electricity and gas wasn't on yet either, but it was my own house so I didn't care.

Now, if girls are coming over, I try to do a quick clean. Another thing to think of is hiding your "killing kittens" material (be it towels, lotion/lube, videos or magazines). She knows you scrap out, but she doesn't need to see the evidence.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Toilet, Bathroom, Kitchen, Sheets

you can do the sheets when she makes her pre-coital bathroom visit.

6. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Make sure there's something in the fridge for breakfast, you know, just in case.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

My bathroom isn't equipped with a cabinet under the sink, which I've never seen before. So the mags rest atop the toilet -- in the clear view of everyone who walks near them. I figure, "Eh."

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm sleeping on just a futon mattress. One blanket that's too thin. One plate. One fork. One spoon. One knife. One glass. No pots or pans.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't have any spoons. You think you're better than me, Xan?

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

So I guess you don't have the 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife problem, eh?

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I did three months like that for an internship.

Everything I took with me fit in the trunk of a Ford Taurus.

Air mattress, box of books, camping chair, tiny TV, laptop, folding table.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Get a mattress pad. I'm not a big fan of them on real mattresses, but I'm a recent convert to their greatness on futons.

Also, plastic utensils at Sam's Club. $6 for 500 spoons. They'll last you a fucking year.

Draft saved Draft deleted