1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When your apartment is a mess and there's a chance a girl will be coming over ..

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Clever username, Dec 7, 2007.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

It could be a fort. Come on, Angola. Think outside the box.

2. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Suppose I should update this one ...

So I left work early and went home to clean. In about 50 minutes I was able to clean the sink and toilet in the bathroom, pick up everything on the floor in my living room and bedroom and sweep out the kitchen. Into the closet went a laundry bag of clothes, which were all in a need of a wash anyway, and a few other things that normally went in the closet.

I actually left a pile a clean clothes from that day's wash on my bed. A small ruse, I suppose, to lead her to believe I didn't expect her to come over. But I'm me, so I did expect that she would.

My proudest moment of the cleanup is what I did with my dirty dishes. I was thinking of the board when I briefly considered putting the dishes in the oven before deciding the microwave, which needs a good scrubbing of its own, was the best place for them. I somehow resisted the temptation to turn the microwave on.

As for the date itself, we had a lovely time trying to have a conversation over the house band at a local pub before deciding to retire to my apartment for the evening. To quickly sum up, she stayed the night but nary a penis entered an orifice of any kind. But I'm OK with that. I plan on continuing to see her, so that should work itself out in the end. Unless she opens the microwave and discovers all my secrets.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Congrats, Clever ... well, I guess congratulations is in order. :-\

At least you hit the high spots. Obviously, something more thorough would be handy from time to time but trying to be someone you're not doesn't work too well, either.

4. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Kudos ... and have the dishes moved out of the microwave yet?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

so you're going to Boots her is what you're saying?

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Excellent work, sir. Excellent work. Now go clean the dishes.

7. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Fuck yeah! Hey, the next best thing to sex is getting to sleep with a girl.
    Anyway, good luck in the future dude.

Fake edit: Would you hurry up and get to 5k. Jesus. I have actually been checking SportsJournalists.com more than normal to see if I am missing whatever it is you are going to do.

Draft saved Draft deleted