1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will the first gay active pro athlete come out?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Some things are so wrong, even people on opposite sides of the aisle can see it. And you explained the largest problem with secretariat's digs at printdust better than I did.

2. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

Sure thing, Pavlov.

3. printdust

printdust New Member

That's TOTAL BULLSHIT. It's real convenient to use state's rights when it suits you, right? Shit.

Of course! A 16-year-old in California who has a baby and wishes to marry the father and try to do the responsible thing can't. No, we'd rather encourage them by law to abort the baby. Another argument I know but an example of the fallout of your so-called liberty for all.

It was once said on this board that to oppose gay marriage on religious grounds is acceptable but not constitutionally applicable. Now it's radioactive. You guys go play, I'm off to be with family...which you can't biologically create between man and man or woman and woman. Oh well, have fun.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Nor two senior citizens. Do you think they shouldn't be allowed to marry?

5. outofplace

I never said I agreed with states having different ages of consent. If I did, you might actually have a point there. But I didn't.

States aren't deciding whether or not to allow minors to get married. They are deciding what age to use to define a minor.

6. outofplace

This from the guy who stalks me from thread to thread so he can jump in any time I have even the slightest disagreement with anybody. And please, don't try to tell us you don't do that. You pissed away your credibility when you came back here under a new handle and flat-out lied about it.

Now please, if you want to take this further, stop hiding behind your PM block and we'll discuss it there. Otherwise, try actually contributing the discussion rather than taking potshots at people you don't like.

Sorry all. I really am, but it's just getting ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.