1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When will Barry flash a genuine smile

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by boots, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Definitely not a "fostered" smile. He stood up and provided the cheesy "fostered" smile near the end of his press conference when he was making a point to the media, but he spent close to an hour at one point on Monday afternoon in the clubhouse just telling stories to the other players. I've never seen him laugh so hard. He loved playing host in his town. Saw him a few days before that in Cincinnati and he was in great spirits, too.

2. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

I'm sorry, who looks at Giambi as a hero again?

3. boots

boots New Member

Big shit so I know people. That and 75 cents will get me my morning paper. It doesn't mean a damn thing except to you for some weird reason. Look, the bottom line is that I don't feel that he's enjoying this time. I may be wrong. I haven't talked with him about it, but it just seems phoney to me.
    Barry has NEVER had problems having a conversation with fellow ball players. When he wants to, he can be quite charming. Even with the media, he has had his moments.

4. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

[​IMG]

5. boots

boots New Member

There is a strong resemblance.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Did he offer up the back door, too?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Seriously, I don't get why this matters. You admit that you are going on an impression from a distance (you haven't spoken to him), but you are sure that Bonds isn't enjoying the pursuit of Aaron's record enough? Take away the PED controversies and the fact that many people flat out don't like the guy because more often than not he has presented himself to the public as an asshole. Maybe it's not the pursuit he will enjoy. Maybe he just won't allow himself to really enjoy anything until he catches and passes Aaron.

Or is this just another "Poor Barry. Why is everybody picking on him" thing?

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Or, it's because it ceased to be a game and its all about the business.

8. boots

boots New Member

People are like sheep. They need a shepherd and because some writers have a problem with him, they use their influence to sway others.
    I'm not getting on a love Barry crusade. Personally, I believe he'll enjoy getting 3,000 hits more than breaking the home run record.

9. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

I like the SULLEN look.

It excites me.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

*smiling and nodding*

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Barry has come a long, long way since he was a skinny man in a Pirates uniform. He always had some talent, but back then he had hair and a mustache and he only hit home runs once every 16.3 times he came to the plate. I used to give him and Bobby Bonilla hitting lessons when I had the time. Who woulda thunk that Barry was the one taking my advice to heart? [/boots]

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

JDV........is that you?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.