1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When USC loses to UCLA, who should face Ohio State: Florida or Michigan?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by daemon, Nov 25, 2006.

1. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

This is setting up to be one of the hardest weeks of Pete Carroll's coaching career.

This is one of those situations where I just have that feeling. . .

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

There is certainly a chance the Trojans suffer a let down.

But there is certainly no chance they lose to UCLA.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

The only way Michigan gets a rematch is if UCLA beats USC (ain't happening) and Arkansas beats Fla. (a good posibility but inconsequential since USC ain't losing).

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

Take an antacid and see if it clears up. UCLA ain't got the horses ... on the field or the sideline.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

While we may like to think that, I think most voters have Michigan ahead of Florida right now.

That's only going to change if the Gators put a USC-50 point-style whipping on the Hogs. Florida has shown they can't core that much unless its against Western Carolina.

We'd better be hoping for a 38-14 USC win, otherwise the rematch is coming.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If by some miracle USC manages to lose to UCLA, Michigan would play Ohio State for the title. Florida just hasn't looked good enough to get there and Ohio State would blow the Gators off the field.

7. aspiring

aspiring Member

You think it'll mean losing No. 2 if USC doesn;t win big? interesting

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I think the writers want any excuse to put Michigan in the title game, and I think USC still needs to impress the computers. UCLA lost to ND remember, so they'd better win by a bunch more than the Irish.

9. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

So what if Florida beat Arkansas 56-14?

Does USC really deserve a spot in the championship any more than Florida does?

(just asking...from what I've seen, I think USC is a better team than Fla)

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I see where you're coming from Dae. If that happens, it makes things interesting. But with the nature of the pollsters not dropping teams ubless they lose, it's a stretch to think that a blowout win by Florida + a solid win by USC moves the Gators ahead of the Trojans.

I happen to work in the sunshine state, and pretty much everyone in my office doesn't think the Gators have a sniff at this point.

11. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

If that happens, I don't think there will be anybody (BCS or human) ranking USC anything less than No. 1.

Don't see how that results in a split championship.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At that point, USC will have beaten Ohio State, the one thing Michigan failed to do. If that isn't enough for USC to leapfrog Michigan, something is wrong with the people voting in that poll.

Draft saved Draft deleted