1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When there's no teleprompter, Obama makes Bush look like Daniel Webster

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Umm, you know, ahh, well, umm, you know.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=5038252

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Interesting strategery, tony. I wonder if Obama can pronounce nucular.

He didn't have a teleprompter at any of the debates and did just fine. He's also much smarter than you or me. Can't say the same about Bush.

3. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I've seen Obama speak off the cuff, for a solid 30 minutes. No notes. No teleprompter. Just him in front of thousands and he did better than fine.

4. old_tony

I'll let the video stand.

And now I see Johnson resigned as one of the vetters. Can't say I'm shocked after such a weak defense.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Boy, you're really reaching there, buddy. Things that bad for Johnny Mac? ;)

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Maybe an amoeba could make Bush look like Daniel Webster but that's about it.

Fredo was furiously looking for his big picture dictionary when Obama used "tangentally" in one of his earlier sentences.

7. old_tony

The question isn't how you respond to friendly questions in front of a bunch of supporters. It's how you handle tougher questions. Looks like he's 0 for 1.

8. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

So that's the standard now? Interesting that the same didn't seem to apply to President Bush - who remains 0 for the 21st century oratorically.

9. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

You have awfully high standards. He was hardly stuttering and stammering all the way through. He was a bit rocky and then smoothed out.
    I don't even like the guy and I wouldn't give him a poor performance grade for that particular video clip.
    He had a debate with Hillary, that was poor, I was more expecting something similar. That clip was nothing.
    A real stretch to say anything less than decent.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

To say OT is grasping at straws is being kiind. Very kind.

11. old_tony

But once he stopped stammering, did he say anything? No.

And that's not even taking into account that the question is about two corrupt guys working for him. Seems he knows a lot of those.

He set himself up as something different. He's the same ole same ole.

12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

At least Obama does not ax anybody a question

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.