1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When the Levees Broke: A Requiem in Four Acts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Johnny Dangerously, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I know this shouldn't be the first thing that pops into mind, but he's not calling this thing a "joint"

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

He's done a lot of media around here in the last few weeks. I'm looking forward to seeing it, as are a lot of people I know.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is an important and worthy project for him.

5. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I've read a little about this, and the only thing I don't like is the conspiracy that they intentionally flooded the black areas to save the white.

I know it's spike lee, but I really wish he wouldn't fan the flames.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

7. Isn't fanning the flames what makes him a good director?

8. dooley_womack1

It makes him a controversial director. Directorial skills make him a very good, sometimes great director. He possibly does sexual politics better than racial politics.

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Well, according to what I read, he said people there believe it happened . . . so that makes it important enough to include.

10. dooley_womack1

Something that has some solid evidence behind it would be good to include. Otherwise, it's a Spike Lee joint, not an Oliver Stone joint.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Why the hell is it a called a requiem?

Lee's always been pretentious like that.

Or maybe the whole four hours are set to a hymn.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Spike delves into why so many people relied on the goverment for a solution instead of taking matters into their own hands.

[/quote]

Dunno about you, but I saw a ton of stranded folks toting shotguns. Them's some matters.

It was all vaguely comical until I actually went down there to help. I don't recall your question coming up. Looking back, it should have been the No. 1 question all us volunteers asked before serving meals: "Before you get this salt pork hash and cup of apple juice to drown away your lost home can you tell me why you've relied on me, a volunteer, to assist you? What, dear day laborer, happened to your Victory Red Hummer?"

Draft saved Draft deleted