1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When sports team tattoos go bad

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Saint Lou, May 3, 2007.

1. MN Matt

MN Matt Member

Some guy in the Netherlands got an AZ Alkmaar champions tattoo the day before the final game of the season. They were to play the worst team in the league.

As you can guess they lost and dropped all the way to third in the final table. Ouch

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Why don't people just use henna instead?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

fixed.

4. To each his own, Twoback. I got my first tattoo (notice the correct spelling) last spring. It's a tribute to my brother, who died after spending 16 months in the hospital following a kidney transplant. It's a way for me to remember him. It has helped me cope.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

I just got a tribute tattoo for my father (who luckily has recovered from a cancer scare). It's our last name surrounded by flames down the inside of my right forearm, and I did check the spelling beforehand.

6. Got any pics of it?

7. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

8. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I actually wonder what's on that guy's left arm...newspaper?

And while I can't compete with him or Cardinals boy (the one pictured), this is all I've got...
    [​IMG]

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I would like to say I'm surprised....

10. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Nice to see McGwire is still keeping in shape. Guess all those tips from JDV have really helped. Oh, you want bad tattoos...? (warning: another PhilaYank picture-posting blitz in 5...4...3...2...1...) And yes, these are SFW

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

This thread is making this non-tattooed poster queasy.

12. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

What's that Oz? More, you say? Well then, here ya go! (PS - You're a Royals fan. You should be used to that nauseous feeling.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted