1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When NASCAR and pro wrestling collide for case

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Matt Humphrey, Feb 11, 2008.

1. Matt Humphrey

Matt Humphrey New Member

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

There were some shouts around the office on Saturday night that the whole thing was rigged for Junior to win, but I don't think anyone was taking themselves too seriously when they said it.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

I always thought the 2001 Pepsi 400 was rigged.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Thanks for stopping by, Matt.

(Always wanted to say that.)

What does Bob (Spark Plug) Holly think of this? He's the guy I'd go to.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

What the hell does Amy Winehouse have to do with NASCAR's competitive balance?

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

With her performance at the Grammy's last night, it's a timely analogy.

7. Matt Humphrey

Matt Humphrey New Member

That might be the first time balance and Amy Winehouse have been used in the same sentence. ;)

8. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Considering the fact that NASCAR drivers Juan Pablo Montoya and Reed Sorenson were slated to participate in a match to be shown on Total Nonstop Action Wrestling's Impact show, which is based in Orlando and shown on Spike TV every Thursday, NASCAR definitely does have a pro wrestling connection.

Apparently what will happen is that Sorenson will manage pro wrestler Chris Sabin, while Montoya will manage pro wrestler Homicide, in a three-way with another pro wrestler Jimmy Rave. NASCAR's Hermie Sadler and Jimmy Spencer will commentate.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

No surprise to see Jimmy Spencer's name in this thread.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Spencer is one of those who has said racing, especially the aforementioned Pepsi 400, may be fixed.

"I knew going in the No. 8 car was going to win this race. Something was fictitious."
    -- Mr. Excitement, after the Pepsi 400, July 8, 2001.

11. Matt Humphrey

Matt Humphrey New Member

"Mr. Excitement" also used Kurt Busch's face as a punching bag and was suspended for a week by NASCAR.

Hmm, if what they say is true about Friday night in the NASCAR trailer, should Tony Stewart be worried?

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Different circumstances.

By the way, in no way was I giving credence to Spencer's comments, just repeating them.

Draft saved Draft deleted