1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When fate kicks you in the face...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, May 21, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i've tried to straighten this out by modifying my post, but for those who missed it: my sincerest apologies for, in all my computer-lameness, for putting all things requiring wireage under the same umbrella. also for comparing my sitch at 21 with a stoopid summer gig to your real-life, boxed in, nowhere-to-turn predicament.

especially in a post designed to lend support and an empathetic ear, this was the last of my intentions. please, please, please, ijag, PLEASE know i wanted only to extend all my support and understanding for your heart-wrenching tale....

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

shocks, no worries. I just wanted you to know I took this very seriously. If there was any way to make it work with where she would have been staying, I would have.

And your story hits close to home. Amazing how many people have been like "You should have just gotten her! I would have helped out!" Including my parents, who are continuing to make it worse. "You know we would have taken her. Dad wouldn't have made her stay in the garage. You know he just says that."

So now it's pain, mixed with anguish mixed with ... anger? I don't know. I just know it still sucks, 20 hours later.

Draft saved Draft deleted