1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Do I Get To Shout At Finebaum?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by daytonadan1983, Sep 4, 2018.

1. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

As a member of the Sports Network FCS Poll, I proudly cast my first-place vote for North Carolina A&T Sunday. The Aggies jumped from 14th in the preseason poll to 5th after TWO impressive road wins
    at #6 Jacksonville State and FBS member East Carolina. Mine was one of two first-place votes.

I did it partially because I felt the Aggies are deserving, they're in our conference, and Head Coach Sam Washington's office was next to mine when he worked here back in the 90s.

But, NO, good sj.com members, the main reason was to uphold journalism’s most noble missions: “To comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable."

And no, I'm not some local yocal being played like Springsteen played his Fender Esquire on the "Darkness On The Edge of Town" by the local university athletic marketing staff spearheaded by the son of
    a great Florida Times-Union sports editor, but yes, I will GLADLY accept the by-products of today's journalism -- page clicks for my column and to have a televised shouting match with Finebaum...

Wait, I don't get to scream at Finebaum?!?!?!

Damn it.

(How was that for sarcasm?)

Draft saved Draft deleted