1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When Bush says "Islamic fascists" WHO is he trying to pick on?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Aug 10, 2006.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Iran? Hezbollah? (or Hizbollah, hell, you know what I mean).

God forbid we just call these pricks "terrorists" or "murderers" with no need for mention of a religious affiliation. 

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Re: When Bush says "Islamic fascists" WHO is he trying to start a fight with?

Yes, because we all know of the massive terror plans hatched by the Hindu terrorists.

3. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Why do you hate America?

4. He's talking about all terrorists period.  He's been using that term ever since shorty after 9/11.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

There are terrorists in Spain, in England, in Colombia, in other parts of South America, in parts of Africa, in parts of Asia near the Indian Ocean. Yet we focus our attention on two nations in particular.

6. We invaded Iraq for questionable reasons. We invaded Afghanistan for good reasons. With two wars brewing, you can't really invade Iran and North Korea at the same time, but it's not like we're only focusing on those two countries. We have also arrested terrorists here at home and contributed intelligence to arrests elsewhere like in the UK. Besides, the Middle East has more terror roots than the rest of the world, so that is where we should focus.

7. dog428

dog428 Active Member

He's not really picking on anyone. It's just that that's the way the terrorists were described in the original speech someone wrote for him and he's not about to go changing things up for the sake of accuracy.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

And lots not forget the scary White supremicist terrorists here in the states. They do still exist, despite Tim McVeigh's execution.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Absolutely. I'm surrounded by lunatics here in my own town. They're called Republicans and they control county politics. :D

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You're right..they are scary. As McVeigh proved, they're murderous. But has there been any criminal mischief on their part since Eric Roberts (the Atlanta Olympic bomber, in case I got the name wrong)?

It ain't Methodists causing the problems in the world today.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

But they're always at Luby's before I get there on Sunday.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Project 7, dumbass.

And I didn't say the crazy Christians, of which there are some still operating, I said white supremacists. There's a difference.

Draft saved Draft deleted