1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

When blogs go bye-bye.

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DanOregon, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Fredrick

Fredrick Well-Known Member

I notice in former Chicago Tribune sportswriter Melissa Isaacson's blog she states she may be back in lockerrooms again soon. Who hired her? I always thought she was pretty good.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Get me a beer, newbie!

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

We're a long way from saying blogs are dead. There are, what, at least hundreds of thousands that get read on a regular basis. Just because a few drop off doesn't mean the concept of blogging is dead.

However, I would agree it's work. Researching something for my own blog takes time, and I, like most bloggers, am doing this for my own kicks, though it has spread my name out a bit in some places and gotten me some freelance contacts. But just as it's easy to start a blog, it's easy to end it. If it gets to be too much for me to handle on top of all my other responsibilities, all I have to do to shut it down is stop posting. So there's going to be churn as people drop in and drop out, and as certain blogs get hot and some grow cold.

Draft saved Draft deleted